Thomas Kennedy 2014 15 3/4" Viola
- Setup with Evah Pirazzi Strings
- Two piece back, very even grained spruce top
- Ready for an advanced student player
- Setup performed by Kennedy’s professional luthiers.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDER: Add item to cart then save your accessory selections to your shopping cart before checkout.
Case: Fine violas ship in original case if possible, otherwise in the Portland Oblong case. Other cases and are available for purchase.
Bow: Not included
Rosin: Not included
Accessories: Accessories ar not included in fine instrument sales. You may select from accessory offers during purchase.
Recommended Upgrade: N/A
This fascinating viola is a modified Tertis model which has a bit wider bouts and slightly deeper ribs which moves a lot of air in a shorter length viola. At 15.75" this viola has the sound of a much larger viola, especially in the bass register. This viola is handmade by Thomas Kennedy in Oregon, and features a beautiful two-piece maple back, and sides and a very even grained Engelmann spruce top. The fittings are boxwood with baroque style carvings on the pegs and tailpiece. Owner of Kennedy Violins, Joel Kennedy has played his father's instruments professionally for years. They have a rich sound at a great price for a professional level viola.
- Carved Boxwood Fittings
- Well flamed maple back with Engelmann spruce top
- Handmade in Oregon State by Thomas Kennedy
- Robust and deep sounding viola at a shorter string length