Suzuki Viola School, Volume 8: Book & CD
The Suzuki Method® of Talent Education is based on Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Shinichi Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the "mother-tongue" approach. Each series of books for a particular instrument in the Suzuki Method is considered a Suzuki music school, such as the Suzuki Viola School. Suzuki lessons are generally given in a private studio setting with additional group lessons. The student listens to the recordings and works with their Suzuki viola teacher to develop their potential as a musician and as a person. This Suzuki book is integral for Suzuki viola lessons.
- Three-Octave Exercises
- Concerto in B-flat Minor (Vivaldi/Preucil)
- Song Without Words, Op. 109 (Mendelssohn/Preucil)
- Advanced Shifting Exercises
- Sonata in D Major (for Violin and Piano), Sarabande (Leclair/Preucil)
- Sonata in D Major (for Violin and Piano), Tambourin (Leclair/Preucil)
- Fantasia VII for Solo Viola (Telemann/Preucil)
- Fantasie for Viola and Orchestra (Hummel/Preucil)
- Romanze, Op. 85 (Bruch/Preucil)
- Toccata (Frescobaldi/Cassado/Preucil).