Suzuki Viola School, Volume 6: Book & CD
The Suzuki Method® of Talent Education is based on Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Shinichi Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the "mother-tongue" approach. Each series of books for a particular instrument in the Suzuki Method is considered a Suzuki music school, such as the Suzuki Viola School. Suzuki lessons are generally given in a private studio setting with additional group lessons. The student listens to the recordings and works with their Suzuki viola teacher to develop their potential as a musician and as a person. This Suzuki book is integral for Suzuki viola lessons.
- Tonalization and Intonation Exercises (Suzuki)
- Exercises in Octaves and Sixths (Preucil)
- La Folia (Marais/arr. Preucil)
- Allegro (Fiocco)
- Suite in G Major from Suite in G Major for Violoncello, BWV 1007 (Allemande, Minuet I, Minuet II) (Bach)
- Arioso, Sinfonia for Oboe, Violin, Viola, Basso Continuo, Ich Steh mit einen Fuss im Grabe, BWV 156 (Bach)
- Chromatic Scale Exercises (Preucil)
- Three-Octave Scales and Arpeggios in D Major and D Minor (Preucil) * Adagio and Rondo in D (Adagio, Rondo) (Mozart)
- Hungarian Dance No. 5 (Brahms)
- Position Etudes (Suzuki)
- Country Dances (Beethoven)
- Concerto for Two Violins, Violin II Arranged for Viola, BWV 1043 (1st Movement: Vivace) (Bach)
- Concerto in C Minor (I. Allegro molto ma maestoso, II. Adagio molto espressivo) (Bach/arr. Casadesus).