Suzuki Viola School, Volume 5: Viola Part
The Suzuki Method® of Talent Education is based on Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Shinichi Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the "mother-tongue" approach. Each series of books for a particular instrument in the Suzuki Method is considered a Suzuki music school, such as the Suzuki Viola School. Suzuki lessons are generally given in a private studio setting with additional group lessons. The student listens to the recordings and works with their Suzuki viola teacher to develop their potential as a musician and as a person. This Suzuki book is integral for Suzuki viola lessons.
- Sonata in G Major, Largo, Allegro, Largo, Presto (Marcello / Preucil)
- Country Dance (Weber)
- Practice Suggestions (Preucil)
- Nina (Pergolesi)
- Spinning Wheel (Rubinstein)
- Gigue (Veracini)
- Exercises for Shaping the Left Hand (Suzuki)
- Suite I in G Major, Prelude, Courante, Gigue (Bach)
- Moto Perpetuo (Bohm)
- Four French Dances, I. L'Agreable, II. La Provencale, III. La Matelotte, IV. La Basque (Marais)
- Tonalizatio—C Major and Minor Scales and Arpeggios (Preucil)
- Shifting Studies (Preucil)
- Concerto No. 3 in C Minor, Op. 12 I. Allegro Risoluto (Seitz).