Suzuki Viola School, Volume 2: Viola Part and CD
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDER: Add item to cart then save your accessory selections to your shopping cart before checkout.
The Suzuki Method is based on the principle that all children possess ability and that this ability can be developed and enhanced through a nurturing environment. All children learn to speak their own language with relative ease and if the same natural learning process is applied in teaching other skills, these can be acquired as successfully. Suzuki referred to the process as the Mother Tongue Method and to the whole system of pedagogy as Talent Education. The important elements of the Suzuki approach to instrumental teaching include the following:an early start (aged 3-4 is normal in most countries);
- The importance of listening to music
- Learning to play before learning to read
- The involvement of the parent
- A nurturing and positive learning environment
- A high standard of teaching by trained teachers
- The importance of producing a good sound in a balanced and natural way
- Core repertoire, used by Suzuki students across the world
- Social interaction with other children. Suzuki students from all over the world can communicate through the language of music.
The Book & CD kits contain the same book as is sold separately. The CD in each kit only contains the music in the book it is packaged with. The CD that contains both volumes 1 and 2 is still available and has not been changed (item #00-0543).
- Chorus from Judas Maccabaeus (G.F. Handel)
- Musette, Gavotte II or the Musette from English Suite II in G Minor for Klavier, BWV 808 (J.S. Bach)
- Hunters' Chorus from 3rd Act of the opera Der Freischutz (C.M. von Weber)
- Long, Long Ago (with variation) (T.H. Bayly)
- Waltz, Op. 39, No. 15 (J. Brahms)
- Bourre, Sonata in F Major for Oboe, HHA IV/18, No. 8 (G.F. Handel)
- The Two Grenadiers, Die Beiden Grenadier, Op. 49, No. 1 for Voice and Piano (R. Schumann)
- Theme from Witches' Dance (N. Paganini)
- Gavotte from Mignon (A. Thomas)
- Gavotte (J.B. Lully)
- Minuet in G, Wo0 10, No. 2 (L. van Beethoven)
- Minuet from Sei Quintetti per Archi No. 11, Op. 11, No. 5 in E Major (L. Boccherini)
- Practice Suggestions (Doris Preucil).