Suzuki Cello School, Volume 1: Book & CD
The Suzuki Method® of Talent Education is based on Shinichi Suzuki's view that every child is born with ability, and that people are the product of their environment. According to Shinichi Suzuki, a world-renowned violinist and teacher, the greatest joy an adult can know comes from developing a child's potential so he/she can express all that is harmonious and best in human beings. Students are taught using the "mother-tongue" approach. Each series of books for a particular instrument in the Suzuki Method is considered a Suzuki music school, such as the Suzuki Cello School. Suzuki lessons are generally given in a private studio setting with additional group lessons. The student listens to the recordings and works with their Suzuki cello teacher to develop their potential as a musician and as a person. This Suzuki Book is integral for Suzuki cello lessons.
This product includes both the book and CD.
- Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star Variations (Shinichi Suzuki)
- French Folk Song (Folk Song)
- Lightly Row (Folk Song)
- Song of the Wind (Folk Song)
- Go Tell Aunt Rhody (Folk Song)
- O Come, Little Children (Folk Song)
- May Song (Folk Song) * Allegro (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Perpetual Motion in D Major (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Perpetual Motion in G Major (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Long, Long Ago (T. H. Bayly)
- Allegretto (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Andantino (Shinichi Suzuki)
- Rigadoon (H. Purcell)
- Etude (Shinichi Suzuki)
- The Happy Farmer from Album for the Young, Op. 68, No. 10 (R. Schumann)
- Minuet in C, No. 11 in G Major from Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach, BWV 841 (J. S. Bach)
- Minuet No. 2 from Minuet in G Major, BWV 116 (J. S. Bach).