Pirastro Tonica Viola String Set
Pirastro Tonica Viola Strings offer a big, powerful tonal volume. These synthetic nylon-core strings are made with extremely small and flexible mono-filaments wound with fine aluminum and silver. The nylon core offers a warm tone with no metallic sound. These responsinve strings can be played immediately after stringing.
A - Aluminum
D - Silver
G - Silver
C - Tungsten-silver
- Tonica strings have a core made from nylon.
- They produce a lively well-rounded sound, perfectly balanced across all four strings.
- Responding instantly to any bowing style, they reward both player and listener with an open and direct sound.
- With substantially reduced background 'hiss', players can sustain a more even tone helping to achieve smoother string crossings.
- Whilst giving positive feed back to your left hand, Tonica strings remain very easy to play right up into the highest positions.
- Projection and brilliance have been upgraded. However, this excess does not mean that the Tonica has lost its warmth.
- Playing pianissimo has considerably improved.
- All bow strokes are possible resulting in smooth crossings from one note to another.
- Easy right hand articulation and tone attack.
- Medium string tension.
String orders are shipped in medium gauge unless otherwise requested.