Nikola Zubak Viola Outfit
- Complete outfit with case, Giuliani Premier Viola Bow, Pirastro Rosin, and high-quality steel-core Helicore strings.
- All violas backed by a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Final assembly and setup performed by Kennedy’s professional luthiers in Washington State, not overseas.
- High-quality ebony fittings with boxwood trim
Buy with monthly payments
Get a real-time decision. LEARN MORE
Please select an option
Outfit at a glance
- Case: Portland Elite Viola Case
- Bow: Giuliani Premier Viola Bow
- Rosin: Pirastro Rosin
- Accessories: Rosin, cleaning cloth, luggage tag, instrument care poster, extra strings
- Recommended Upgrade: Portland Advanced Case
Nikola Zubak Viola Outfit
Introducing the Nikola Zubak viola, a fantastic viola for the advancing player! This viola is constructed with carefully selected aged spruce on the top and beautifully flamed maple on the back and sides. It comes with ebony fittings with boxwood trim on the pegs and tailpiece. The Zubak Viola is available in sizes 15", 15-1/2", 16", and 16-1/2".
Each handcrafted Zubak viola starts as fine tonewood aged a minimum of 10 years and is carefully crafted into a fine viola for the advancing player. The attention to detail is evident in the perfect inlay of the purfling and precise graduations and arching. The resulting sound is a beautiful, voicelike sound that can project and carry across the hall. The C string is powerful but warm, and the upper register carries a lot of volume while maintaining a sweet tone.
Great attention to detail is also paid to the final setup. A certified luthier from the Kennedy Violins staff hand-carves and notches the bridge to accentuate the acoustics of the instrument. Bridge feet are carefully shaped to fully contact and fit the curvature of the viola face, promoting a clear tone and strong projection.
This instrument is set up with high-quality fittings, chrome brackets, and a single fine-tuner. The fingerboard is beautifully carved from 100% high-grade ebony. An authentic French Aubert bridge supports professional-grade D’Addario Helicore D, G, and C strings with a Larsen A string that offers a warmer tone for treble playing.
Nikola Zubak Viola Outfit Features
- Shipping within two business days. In-shop luthiers offer same-day shipping on select orders.
- Kennedy Violins' 45-day money-back guarantee
- Full coverage by our Lifetime Warranty
- Available in 15", 15.5", 16", and 16.5" sizes
- Free professional setup by Kennedy Violins' experienced luthier staff
- Solid-carved, high-grade maple back and spruce top
- Hand-rubbed oil finish and beautiful shade of varnish
- 100% ebony chinrest, pegs, fingerboard, and tailpiece
- Inlaid ebony purfling
- Giuliani Premier Viola Bow with genuine horsehair and ebony frog
- Choice of Pirastro Rosin
- A sturdy, full-suspension case with black canvas exterior and velveteen lining that is both amazingly lightweight and extremely protective
- Extra strings (not included with 14" and lower)
- Polishing cloth
- Ships with the Portland Elite case. Color options may vary from case pictured.
- Four bow holders
- Compartments for shoulder rest, rosin, extra strings, mutes, and other accessories
- Large exterior pocket with double YKK zippers for sheet music and folders
- Protective weather flap with snaps to cover zippers and case latch
- Protective blanket with velour on top, smooth polyester beneath, and double-stitched binding
- Smooth, hinged handle for comfortable carrying
- Metal "subway" bumpers for standing case on bottom or side
- Lightweight design for comfortable transportation
Premiwer Bow Features
- Strong bow shaft of genuine brazilwood
- Genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Fully mounted, 100% ebony frog for great balance and durability
- Mother-of-pearl inlay on frog
- Silver winding
- Premium flamed abalone bow slide
- Black leather grip
- Precisely weighed for excellent balance and responsiveness
- Covered by Kennedy Violins’ Warranty