Cello Two-Hole Tourte Mute
- Used when playing a piece that says 'con sordino'.
- When not in use the mute can stay on the cello strings near the tailpiece or easily be taken off.
- does not affect the tuning of your instrument
- Rubber orchestral mute that sits on the G and D strings over the bridge.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDER: Add item to cart then save your accessory selections to your shopping cart before checkout.
The Tourte mute is the world’s most popular orchestra mute. This version of that mute sits between the two middle strings of your instrument, and hooks over the top of the bridge, muting the sound slightly during a performance. It does not affect the tuning of your instrument and maintains a warm tonal quality. This mute is perfect for students and professionals alike, for use in chamber music and orchestral performances.
- Double hole attachment to G and D strings
- Molded from dense, flexible rubber
- Wedges securely and conforms to the top curvature of the bridge Installs in seconds and easily removed
- Produces light muting effect Used for con sordini passages
- Most popular mute for orchestra, chamber music, and personal practice