David Yale Viola Outfit
- Stradivarius model viola featuring European tonewoods
- Professional craftsmanship with a powerful and rich tone
- Final assembly and setup performed by Kennedy’s professional luthiers in Washington State.
- High-quality ebony fittings with boxwood trim
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDER: Add item to cart then save your accessory selections to your shopping cart before checkout.
Case: Choose from available cases during purchase.
Bow: Giuliani Advanced Viola Bow
Rosin: Pirastro Rosin
Accessories: Thomastik-Infeld Rondo Strings installed, extra set of Portland Strings, cleaning cloth
Recommended Upgrade: Portland Advanced Case
These David Yale violas are a great choice for the advancing player! This Strad-style viola is constructed with carefully selected aged spruce on the top and beautifully flamed maple on the back and sides.
Each handcrafted David Yale viola starts with fine tonewood aged a minimum of 10 years that is carefully crafted into a fine viola. The attention to detail is evident in the perfect inlay of the purfling and precise graduations and arching. The resulting voicelike sound can project and carry across the hall. The C string is powerful but warm, and the upper register carries a lot of volume while maintaining a sweet tone.
Great attention to detail is also paid to the final setup. A certified luthier from the Kennedy Violins staff hand-carves and notches the bridge to accentuate the acoustics of the instrument. Bridge feet are carefully shaped to fully contact and fit the curvature of the viola face, promoting a clear tone and strong projection.
This instrument is set up with high-quality fittings, chrome chin rest brackets, and a single fine-tuner. The fingerboard is beautifully carved from 100% high-grade ebony. An authentic French Aubert Deluxe bridge supports professional-grade Thomastik-Infeld Rondo strings.
- Shipping within two business days. In-shop luthiers offer same-day shipping on select orders.
- Kennedy Violins' 45-day money-back guarantee
- Full coverage by our Lifetime Warranty
- Free professional setup by Kennedy Violins' experienced luthier staff
- Solid-carved, high-grade maple back and spruce top
- Hand-rubbed oil finish
- Ebony chinrest, pegs, fingerboard, and tailpiece
- Inlaid ebony purfling
- Arching the custom bridge
- Fitting bridge feet to the curvature of the instrument
- Carving the nut to professional curvature
- Fitting pegs
- Polishing the finish Installing strings and tuning the violin
All our violins are set up in the USA by our staff of in-house professional luthiers. This includes:
- Giuliani Premier vola bow with genuine horsehair and ebony frog
- Pirastro Rosin (selection may vary)
- A sturdy, full-suspension case with black canvas exterior and velveteen lining that is both amazingly lightweight and extremely protective
- Extra set of Portland brand strings (not included with 14" and lower)
- Polishing cloth
Advanced Bow Features
- Strong octagonal bow shaft of genuine Brazillian Pernambuco
- Fully mounted frog for great balance and durability
- Solid silver winding (not silver-plated copper)
- Solid silver accents for improved balance and durability
- Premium abalone bow slide
- Frog and screw accented with premium abalone
- Solid, 100% Indian ebony frog
- Precisely weighed for excellent balance and responsiveness
- Unique diamond-shaped inlaid eyes
- Leather grip