David Yale Signature Guarneri 1743 "Il Cannone" Model Violin
- Fine "Il Cannone" Guarneri model (based on Paganini's violin)
- This model features a sweet and even tone with a powerful and resonant projection
- Perfect for: Advanced violinists and soloists
- Features beautiful ebony fittings with heart shaped pegs and boxwood trim
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDER: Add item to cart then save your accessory selections to your shopping cart before checkout.
Case: Choose from available cases in the customizer.
Bow: CodaBow Diamond NX
Rosin: Pirastro Rosin
Accessories: Professional grade Thomastik or Pirastro strings installed plus a backup set (Portland or similar), polishing cloth
Recommended Upgrade: L'Archet Brasil Silver Mounted Violin Bow or CodaBow Diamond GX
The Guarneri 1743 "il Cannone" — The original instrument, built by Bartolomeo Giuseppe Guarneri 'del Gesù' in Cremona Italy in 1743, was famously owned by Nicolo Paganini. This violin is modeled after the original and finished with a beautifully antiqued oil varnish. The sound of these violins are very even and sweet while bringing a powerful and resonant tone.
This violin is accessorized with a bow and case to match the professional quality of the instrument itself. The Guarneri model violins are paired with the L'Archet Brazil Nickel violin bow. Get the whole outfit at a discount when purchasing the instrument and bow together!
This violin is part of the David Yale Signature Series of fine violins. These represent the work of a luthier taking all the extra time they need to get the plate graduations, bass bar placement, and final varnishing just right. The photos show typical instrument quality. Woodgrain will be different on each violin. For more details on the specific instruments currently in stock you may contact the showroom at 1-800-779-0242
- LOB: 354mm
- Upper Bout: 169mm
- Lower Bout: 206mm
- Center Bout: 112mm
- String Length: 328mm
- This violin features an even, full-bodied sound and has a particularly nice ringing sound in the upper register.
- The tone in the lower register is rich and has a lot of depth
- A beautiful brescian brown finish that really shows the beautiful grain in the top
- This violin was modeled after the violin Paganini himself played
- This violin would serve well for a first violinist or soloist looking for a violin that projects but retains a rich, warm tone
- Hand carved French Aubert Deluxe or Milo Stamm bridge with parchment on E string
Listen to our David Yale models on our YouTube channel.
Professional Setup Included
- Arching the custom bridge
- Fitting bridge feet to the curvature of the violin
- Carving the nut to professional curvature
- Fitting pegs Polishing the finish
- Installing strings and tuning the violin (may need re-tuning after shipment)
All our violins are set up in the USA by our staff of in-house professional luthiers. This includes:
- Professional grade Thomastik or Pirastro strings installed
- Backup set of Portland Strings or similar
- Pirastro Rosin (style may vary)
- Polishing cloth
In addition to a sturdy, lightweight carrying case you will receive a selection of quality accessories including the CodaBow NX.
Accessories may vary due to availability or special offers.