CLEARANCE Franke Henner Viola Outfit
- All violas backed by a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Final assembly and setup performed by Kennedy’s professional luthiers in Washington State, not overseas.
- Complete outfit with case, Giuliani Brazilwood Viola Bow, rosin, and high-quality steel-core Helicore strings.
- Clearance instruments feature the sound quality and playability of our regularly-priced products, but have small cosmetic imperfections or discontinued finishes. Call 1-800-779-0242 with questions or to see photos.
Buy with monthly payments
Get a real-time decision. LEARN MORE
Please select an option
Outfit at a glance
- Case: Portland Oblong Adjustable Viola Case, or Similar
- Bow: Giuliani Brazilwood Viola Bow
- Rosin: Kaplan Artcraft Rosin
- Accessories: Rosin, D'Addario Prelude strings installed, plus extra set of strings (not included with 14" and lower), cleaning cloth, luggage tag, and instrument care poster
- Recommended Upgrade: Portland Advanced Case
CLEARANCE Franke Henner Viola Outfit
The beautiful Franke Henner Viola Outfit is one of our most desirable models for intermediate to advanced players. Its superior finish and gorgeous sound give this instrument great appeal at an unbeatable price, especially for such superb quality. Available in 14", 15", 15 1/2", 16", and 16 1/2" sizes, the Franke Henner Viola is a perfect fit for violists looking for an instrument with a warm, complex tone that projects with with a strong sound. Both the acoustics and the attractiveness of this fine instrument make it great for performance at home, in rehearsal, and on the stage.
We're often asked what makes one stringed instrument cost more than another, and it always comes down to the quality or grade of woods, fittings, and finish on each instrument. The Franke Henner Viola is made with far superior materials than beginner and student models. The big sound, excellent playability, comfortable string height for the left hand, and other characteristics contribute to the superiority of these instruments.
The Franke Henner Violas are constructed with select aged tonewoods. The solid, tight-grain spruce top is carved with great detail and attention to the thickness and measurement of the plates. The maple back is made with beautiful, tiger-striped flaming accentuated by a warm varnish. The perfectly-polished, traditional oil finish increases its attractiveness, which — when combined with the amount of flame on the back of the instrument — increases its value and worth over time.
To complement the fine construction and design of the instrument, the Franke Henner Viola is fitted with a custom, hand-carved French Aubert or Despiau maple bridge. The high-grade Hill style ebony tailpiece can be setup with your choice of fine tuners. A composite tailpiece with built in fine tuners can be installed in place of the ebony tailpiece upon request at no extra cost. In addition to its quality fittings, the Henner outfit also includes a Giuliani Brazilwood Bow with real horsehair, steel-core D'Addario Prelude Strings, Artcraft Rosin, and a protective full-suspension case with plenty of storage.
CLEARANCE Franke Henner Viola Outfit Features
- Shipping within two business days. In-shop luthiers offer same-day shipping on select orders.
- Kennedy Violins' 45-day money-back guarantee
- Full coverage by our Lifetime Warranty
- Available in 14", 15", 15.5", 16", and 16.5" sizes
- Free professional setup by Kennedy Violins' experienced luthier staff
- Solid-carved, high-grade maple back and spruce top
- Hand-rubbed oil finish and beautiful shade of varnish
- 100% ebony chinrest, pegs, fingerboard, and tailpiece
- Inlaid ebony purfling
- Four fine tuners for ease of tuning
- Giuliani Brazilwood Viola Bow with genuine horsehair and ebony frog
- Kaplan Artcraft Rosin
- A sturdy, full-suspension case that is both amazingly lightweight and extremely protective
- Extra strings (not included with 14" and lower)
- Cleaning cloth
Each Franke Henner Viola is part of a complete outfit providing everything you need to start playing the moment you receive your viola.
- Will ship with the Portland Oblong Adjustable viola case or similar. 14" violas may ship in simalar violin cases. Color may vary from case pictured.
- Four bow holders
- Compartments for shoulder rest, rosin, extra strings, mutes, and other accessories
- Large exterior pocket with double YKK zippers for sheet music and folders
- Protective weather flap with snaps to cover zippers and case latch
- Protective blanket with velour on top, smooth polyester beneath, and double-stitched binding
- Smooth handle on hinges for comfortable carrying
- Metal "subway" bumpers for standing case on bottom or side
- Lightweight design for comfortable transportation
- Strong octagonal bow shaft of genuine Brazilwood
- Genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Half-mounted, 100% ebony frog for great balance and durability
- Mother of pearl inlay on frog
- Silver winding
- Abalone bow slide
- Black leather grip
- Precisely weighed for excellent balance and responsiveness
- Covered by Kennedy Violins’ Limited Lifetime Warranty