CLEARANCE Anton Gerard Viola Outfit
- Clearance instruments have small cosmetic imperfections or discontinued finishes that do not effect sound quality and playability. Call 1-800-779-0242 with questions or to see photos.
- All violas backed by a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Final assembly and setup performed by Kennedy’s professional luthiers in Washington State, not overseas.
- Complete outfit with case, Giuliani Brazilwood viola bow, rosin, and high-quality steel-core Helicore strings.
Buy with monthly payments
Get a real-time decision. LEARN MORE
Please select an option
Outfit at a glance
- Case: Portland Elite Viola Case
- Bow: Giuliani Premier Viola Bow
- Rosin: Pirastro Rosin
- Accessories: Rosin, cleaning cloth, luggage tag, instrument care poster, extra strings (not included with 14" and lower)
- Recommended Upgrade: Portland Advanced Case
CLEARANCE Anton Gerard Viola Outfit
One of our finest instruments, the Anton Gerard Viola is an excellent choice for intermediate and advanced players who want to take their performance to a higher level. This responsive instrument is precisely set up, making it easy to achieve a warm and voluminous sound. The Gerard Viola is available in sizes 15", 15-1/2", 16", and 16-1/2" sizes. Contact us for 14" size availability.
The open, responsive sound of the Anton Gerard Viola is a result of time-intensive precision in the final carving of the top and back plates. The plates are measured and graduated to thicknesses that promote the best sound possible. The viola is made with high-grade, aged spruce and beautifully flamed maple tonewoods.
Great attention to detail is also paid to the final setup. A certified luthier from the Kennedy Violins staff hand-carves and notches the bridge to accentuate the acoustics of the instrument. Bridge feet are carefully shaped to fully contact and fit the curvature of the viola face, promoting a clear tone and strong projection.
Highest-quality fittings including the tailpiece, pegs, chinrest with gold-toned brackets, and fingerboard are beautifully carved from 100% high-grade ebony. An authentic French Aubert bridge supports professional-grade D’Addario Helicore D, G, and C strings with a Larsen A string that offers a warmer tone for treble playing.
CLEARANCE Anton Gerard Viola Outfit Features
- Shipping within two business days. In-shop luthiers offer same-day shipping on select orders.
- Kennedy Violins' 45-day money-back guarantee
- Full coverage by our Lifetime Warranty
- Available in 15", 15.5", 16", and 16.5" sizes. Contact us for 14" availability.
- Free professional setup by Kennedy Violins' experienced luthier staff
- Solid-carved, high-grade maple back and spruce top
- Hand-rubbed oil finish and beautiful shade of varnish
- 100% ebony chinrest, pegs, fingerboard, and tailpiece
- Inlaid ebony purfling
- Giuliani Brazilwood Viola Bow with genuine horsehair and ebony frog
- Pirastro Rosin
- A sturdy, full-suspension case with black canvas exterior and velveteen lining that is both amazingly lightweight and extremely protective
- Luggage tag
- Extra strings (not included with 14" and lower)
- Cleaning cloth
- Ships with the Portland Elite case. Color option may vary from case pictured
- Four bow holders
- Compartments for shoulder rest, rosin, extra strings, mutes, and other accessories
- Large exterior pocket with double YKK zippers for sheet music and folders
- Protective weather flap with snaps to cover zippers and case latch
- Protective blanket with velour on top, smooth polyester beneath, and double-stitched binding
- Smooth, hinged handle for comfortable carrying
- Metal "subway" bumpers for standing case on bottom or side
- Lightweight design for comfortable transportation
- Strong bow shaft of genuine brazilwood
- Genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Half-mounted, 100% ebony frog for great balance and durability
- Mother of pearl inlay on frog
- Silver winding
- Abalone bow slide
- Black leather grip
- Precisely weighed for excellent balance and responsiveness
- Covered by Kennedy Violins’ Limited Lifetime Warranty