Anton Gerard Viola Outfit
- Complete outfit with case, Giuliani Premier Viola Bow, rosin, and high-quality steel-core Helicore strings.
- All violas backed by a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Final assembly and setup performed by Kennedy’s professional luthiers in Washington State, not overseas.
- The current stock of 15.5" size has a lighter finish than the other sizes. See image in gallery.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDER: Add item to cart then save your accessory selections to your shopping cart before checkout.
Case: Choose from available cases during purchase.
Bow: Giuliani Premier Viola Bow
Rosin: Pirastro Rosin
Accessories: Helicore strings installed, rosin, cleaning cloth, extra strings (not included with 14" and lower)
Recommended Upgrade: Giuliani Advanced Bow
One of our finest instruments, the Anton Gerard Viola is an excellent choice for intermediate and advanced players who want to take their performance to a higher level. This responsive instrument is precisely set up, making it easy to achieve a warm and voluminous sound. The Gerard Viola is available in sizes 15", 15-1/2", 16", and 16-1/2" sizes. Contact us for 14" size availability.
The open, responsive sound of the Anton Gerard Viola is a result of time-intensive precision in the final carving of the top and back plates. The plates are measured and graduated to thicknesses that promote the best sound possible. The viola is made with high-grade, aged spruce and beautifully flamed maple tonewoods.
Great attention to detail is also paid to the final setup. A certified luthier from the Kennedy Violins staff hand-carves and notches the bridge to accentuate the acoustics of the instrument. Bridge feet are carefully shaped to fully contact and fit the curvature of the viola face, promoting a clear tone and strong projection.
Highest-quality fittings including the tailpiece, pegs, fingerboard, and chinrest with gold-toned brackets are beautifully carved from 100% high-grade ebony. An authentic French Aubert bridge supports professional-grade D’Addario Helicore strings that offers a warmer tone for treble playing.
- Shipping within two business days. In-shop luthiers offer same-day shipping on select orders.
- Kennedy Violins' 45-day money-back guarantee.
- Full coverage by our Lifetime Warranty
- Free professional setup by Kennedy Violins' experienced luthier staff
- Solid-carved, high-grade maple back and spruce top
- Hand-rubbed oil finish and beautiful shade of varnish
- 100% ebony chinrest, pegs, fingerboard, and tailpiece
- Inlaid ebony purfling
- Arching the custom bridge
- Fitting bridge feet to the curvature of the instrument
- Carving the nut to professional curvature
- Fitting pegs
- Polishing the finish
- Installing and tuning strings (may need re-tuning after shipment)
All our violins are set up in the USA by our staff of in-house professional luthiers. This includes:
- Giuliani Premier Viola Bow with genuine horsehair and ebony frog
- Pirastro Rosin
- We provide sturdy, full-suspension cases that are lightweight and extremely protective. Choose from available outfit options during purchase.
- Extra strings (not included with 14" and lower)
- Cleaning cloth
Giuliani Premier Viola Bow
- Strong bow shaft of genuine brazilwood
- Genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Fully-mounted, 100% ebony frog for great balance and durability
- Mother of pearl inlay on frog
- Silver winding
- Abalone bow slide
- Black leather grip
- Precisely weighted for excellent balance and responsiveness
- Covered by Kennedy Violins’ Limited Lifetime Warranty