Give Us A Call
Mon - Fri 10-6, Sat 10-4
Hi guys, today's video is about how to pluck your violin string (pizzicato).
My goal is to make your pizzicato easy and sound awesome! There are two basic types of pizzicato:
1. Plucking while maintaining bow hold --Extend index finger Index plucks the string.
2. Plucking and losing bow hold --Extend thumb and index finger Index finger plucks the string and thumb stabilizes the hand for more accuracy.
1. Do NOT pluck in between the fingerboard and the bridge.
2. Pluck about 1-2 inches above the edge of the fingerboard.
3. Pluck with the pad of finger, not the tip. Hope this helps!