FREE SAME DAY SHIPPING
45 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
Give Us A Call
Mon - Fri 10-6, Sat 10-4
Hi everyone, in this video I explain the differences between the violin and viola.
The differences can be explained in 2 different ways:
Physical and stylistic.
Here is a short breakdown of my explanation:
1. The viola is bigger and every orchestra has a section of them.
2. Violas are measured in inches and violins are measured in "sizes": 4/4, 3/4, 1/2 etc.
3. A viola's lowest string (C) is a 5th lower than a violin (G).
4. The violas strings are: C, G, D, A
5. The violins strings are: G, D, A, E
6. Stylistically, violas tend to play more melodic music, instead of fast, virtuosic music that is common with the solo violin.