Lyons Test Follower
- Tone: Focused, forward, powerful
- Aesthetics: Honey brown varnish, with beautiful textured spruce top and tight tiger striping on the ribs and back
- Perfect for: Advanced violinists and soloists
- Our high-quality instruments include professional set-up and exceptional customer service. Call 1-800-779-0242 for order customization requests.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDER: Add item to cart then save your accessory selections to your shopping cart before checkout.
Zubak Soloist Violins, based on a Stradivarius design, are steeped in the traditions and materials of Eastern Europe. Crafted by a third generation master luthier, every aspect of a Zubak instrument pays homage to old world traditions, while using modern technology for preciseness and consistency.
Each Zubak is constructed of the finest woods from around the world. Bosnian and Yugoslavian tone woods are naturally aged 8-20 years, and European willow corner blocks are crafted with hide glue construction. Every component adds to its beauty and strong tone. The playing surfaces are carved with the utmost precision. Fingerboards are made from Madagascar ebony, and it is finished beautifully using traditional materials such as lavender oil, gum, and natural shellacs.
Players comment that the Zubak Soloist has a clear and resonant sound that is also sweet. Its responsiveness makes it an easy instrument to play, and it produces a ringing quality for each tone produced. The G and D strings in particular have a very rich and colorful timbre. As the violin is “played in”, the sound not only gets sweeter, but exhibits more individual character in all tone ranges as well. If ever there was a violin that made the player feel more empowered to play on stage, this is it.
Great attention is focused into adjusting all aspects of the instrument. After much testing and searching, we are confident that you will agree that a Zubak violin easily surpasses any other instrument in this price range.
Listen to more video demonstrations of the Zubak family of violins.
- Pre-strung with your choice of professional strings
- Custom-fit French Aubert bridge with parchment installed on E string
- Pre-installed E-string fine tuner
- Professional Pirastro rosin
- Highest grade 100% genuine ebony fittings, including smoothed fingerboard, pegs, and tailpiece
- Solid hand-carved, tiger-flamed maple back and sides
- Solid hand-carved European maple back and spruce top
- Inlaid purfling
- German spirit varnish
- Handmade construction
- Strung with D'Addario Prelude Strings
- Free set of Portland backup strings included
- Your Choice of Giuliani Advanced Bow or CodaBow Prodigy
- String cleaning cloth
- Pirastro Rosin
Nouveau Case Features
- Four satin-lined rotating bow holders
- Strong velcro straps for securing the violin in place
- Digital hygrometer for humidity measurement
- Durable Zippers
- Plush velour lining
- Spacious accessory compartments for shoulder rest, strings, rosin, straps, plus an exterior sheet music compartment with net pocket for small items.
- Lined protective blanket to cover the violin
- Two straps for backpack-style carrying
Giuliani Advanced Bow Features
- Strong octagonal bow shaft of genuine Brazillian Pernambuco
- Fully mounted frog for great balance and durability
- Solid silver winding (not silver-plated copper)
- Solid silver accents for improved balance and durability
- Premium abalone bow slide
- Frog and screw accented with premium abalone
- Solid, 100% Indian ebony frog
- Precisely weighed for excellent balance and responsiveness
- Unique diamond-shaped inlaid eyes
- Leather grip