Customizer Test of Ricard Bunnel Viola Outfit
- Complete outfit with case, Brazilwood bow, rosin, and steel-core D'Addario Prelude strings
- All violas backed by a lifetime warranty and 45-day money-back guarantee
- Final assembly and setup performed by Kennedy’s professional luthiers in Washington State, not overseas
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ORDER: Add item to cart then save your accessory selections to your shopping cart before checkout.
Case: Portland Oblong Adjustable viola case or similar
Bow: Giuliani Brazilwood viola bow
Rosin: Giuliani natural rosin
Accessories: Rosin, extra strings (not included with 14" and lower), cleaning cloth, luggage tag, and instrument care poster
Recommended Upgrade: Dominant Strings
The Bunnel Viola Outfit is perfect for the beginning violist. This viola has a warm tone and is available in 13", 14", 15", 15.5", 16", and 16.5" sizes. Bunnel Violas are made with select maple and spruce tonewoods. Detailed carving contributes to an instrument that is projective with superior tone quality.
The fine quality of the finished instrument comes from attention to detail. Many beginner violas are coated with a shiny, thick lacquer finish that dampens sound and affects the tone quality of the instrument. The Ricard Bunnel Viola, like our other instruments, are finished with a traditional, hand-rubbed oil and spirit varnish that is smoothly polished. The oil finish complements the maple and spruce body of the instrument, allowing the sound to resonate clearly and with greater projection.
Whether you are a young student or an adult, the knowledgeable members of our customer service team can help fit you with the viola size you need. As violas are larger and longer than violins, it can sometimes be difficult to determine the right size to match your arm length. Whether you visit us in the store or speak with us over the phone, we can help you find your match!
- Shipping within two business days. In-shop luthiers offer same-day shipping on select orders.
- Kennedy Violins' 45-day money-back guarantee
- Full coverage by our Lifetime Warranty
- Availability in 13", 14", 15", 15.5", 16", and 16.5" sizes
- Free professional setup by Kennedy Violins' experienced luthier staff
- Solid-carved, high-grade maple back and spruce top
- Hand-rubbed oil finish and beautiful shade of varnish
- 100% ebony chinrest, pegs, fingerboard, and tailpiece
- Inlaid ebony purfling
- Four fine tuners for ease of tuning
- A real brazilwood bow with genuine horsehair and ebony frog
- Giuliani natural rosin
- A sturdy, full-suspension case with black exterior and velveteen lining that is both amazingly lightweight and extremely protective.
- Luggage tag
- Extra strings (not included with 14" and lower)
- Cleaning cloth
- Ships with Portland Oblong Adjustable Viola Case or similar. 13" and 14" violas may ship in violin cases. Color may vary from case pictured.
- Black nylon exterior with zippered music pocket
- Full suspension
- Lightweight oblong case
- Shoulder rest storage
- Four bow holders
- Velcro viola neck strap
- Satin-lined blanket
- Large accessory compartment
- Two shoulder straps
- Strong bow shaft of genuine Brazilwood
- Genuine Mongolian horsehair
- Half-mounted, 100% ebony frog for great balance and durability
- Mother of pearl inlay on frog
- Silver winding
- Abalone bow slide
- Black leather grip
- Precisely weighed for excellent balance and responsiveness
- Covered by Kennedy Violins’ Limited Lifetime Warranty